Well, a bit of an update, in case anyone sees this.
I tried a few other blogging platforms but have decided to come back to this one. At the same time, my *OLD* web host, LunarPages, started having problems with the server that I was on and thus they complained loudly to me that even downloading a 100k image was taking too much of the CPU resources. Nothing I could do satisfied them so they took matters in their own hands and tried to “fix” the supposed problem which ended up destroying a number of web sites on my account.
Needless to say, I have switched and thus far I am satisfied with the new host. Seems to perform better and everything.
Anyhow, give me a bit of time to get things fixed around here. I happened to have an old backup of the database so a few posts were lost but all-in-all, it’s a decent start.
Note that none of the photos are showing up so that will be first on my to-do list and then to update the theme a bit to something a tad different.